Free Image Hosting
Friday, September 22, 2006
 
My Zimmermania Post

I too have enjoyed reading Knitting Around and Knitter's Almanac for years without ever having knit an Elizabeth Zimmerman pattern. This is a lovely opportunity to dive in.

The trouble is deciding what to make! I've been wanting to knit myself some thick, double-knitted mittens for some time, maybe they could be the gorgeous Norwegian Mittens in Knitting Around. I also have many babies to knit for right now, so I'm tempted to knit the Baby Bog Jacket or the Practically Seamless Baby Sweater.

But how about those Wearable Art Stockings as knee-highs in the winter with a shortish skirt?! (hubba. hubba.)



Cheap. Dark Eggplant.

I'm tempted to knit some bunny-soft baby knits (or the mittens) with this yarn from Elann. What a deal!

I'll be heading up to Taos for the Wool Festival in early October where I'm sure I'll find many delicious yarns worthy of my EZ endeavors.

I'm looking so forward to following all the projects. It's such a pleasure to join you all.

Postscript:
I have almost definately settled on the Baby Surprise Jacket. I have heard about the wonders of that pattern for many years but I was most recently swayed by a version of the jacket knit by Panopticon. Thank you Ramona for the suggestion! I had forgotten how nifty that little jacket is and I was all smitten with Franklin of Panopticon after reading a few of his posts. If you've never visited him, go now.

I like the shape of the Surprise Jacket better than the Bog Jacket. Since it's a jacket I don't feel like I have to use ultra-soft alpaca. Instead I think I might knit it with Merino from Beaverslide Dry Goods. It's mucho affordable and from a small Montana Farm (I love that). I first learned about Beaverslide on Knitters Review and then I knit myself a ($28) sweater. That was several years ago.



Do you like the color? I'll be knitting this for a baby whose gender is as yet undetermined so I should probably step away from the pinks...(whining) but i like pink!

I'm still thinking about those Norwegian Mittens, but I must knit for other people, must knit for other people, must knit for other people.
 
Comments:
OOOH! I can't wait to see how the suprise jacket turns out.
 
Molly, I am getting revved about the wool festival.. At first it was just beceause it will be an exciting mommy getaway (for me anyway, sans children) and for the breakfast spot on the Mt. that I can't stop thinking about (think eggs benedict and the Sunday Times). But now I am also thinking about the wool. Now that I am beginning to emerge from the FIRST TWELVE WEEKS and can think for a few minutes a day at least about something other then food and sleep. I was so inspired by a new knitting book I was perusing yesterday at Borders (when I was supposed to be grading papers). It is co-authored by Tracy Ullman, the comedian, and full of fantastic patterns and photos. I cannot stop thinking about the fabulous collared shrug I saw, and the hooded baby cape? Hello? Does it get any cuter? If I end up with a boy, poor thing will be wearing one anyway.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

The earth laughs in flowers. ee cummings

inspiration

amy butler design
barefoot rooster
blather magather
b r o o k l y n t w e e d
dooce
elliphantom knits
fig and plum
free range kids
kiddley
hedgeblog
implosion explosion
karin's style blog
little birds
logan family adventures
lotta jansdotter
molly chicken
moonstitches (i love moonstitches!)
moopy & me
orangette
rare bird finds
red curves
scout's knitted swag
shiso mama
see eunny knit!
6.5 stitches
strangelittlemama
the flying pencil
the frayed knot
the panopticon
the purl bee
the small object
turkey feathers
whip up (i love whip up!)
wise craft
write, mama. write.
yarn harlot
yarnstorm

lookie!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from baby finds a kazoo. Make your own badge here.


blah blah blah

August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / January 2009 /



Flickr
The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto


Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Locations of visitors to this page