Free Image Hosting
Tuesday, October 31, 2006
 
Not Enough Chocolate

Remember this?

Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool, shade 018 (chocolate). Apparently a popular color. I've gingerly placed dad's scarf in a protective ziplock baggie and I patiently wait for the folks at my local yarn shop to order my last skein.

In the meantime, I happily work on my Malabrigo Mama.







I'm alternately proud and deeply ashamed to say that I have not succumbed to the mitten-knitting temptation. Little hands are stuffed into coat pockets and big brown eyes look up at me, pleading.
This is not easy. But, I must stay focused on this one big thing. There will be time for little things later.

Little things: I'm thinking about truffles lately. We are considering making batches of them as Christmas gifts. My friend Carmela is a pastry chef and talks with mouth-watering eloquence about all things chocolate. She told me about Earl Grey truffles and bittersweet chocolate-dipped tangerines. Does anything sound more delicious?




A final shot: The little one has begun to climb onto the bathroom stool whenever he can (to taste the soap and try out his brother's toothbrush). I couldn't resist a picture.


Go now and steal a piece of chocolate from your child's trick-or-treat bag. You deserve it.

Labels: , ,

 
Comments:
I'm with ya on the mitten temptation! We've had a warm up, so I figure I've got a couple more weeks. But it's coming.
 
I just found your blog, via purlbee. Nice!!! check out my book blog for kids- you may find something to keep them busy so you can knit. http://books.morejohn.com
 
Yummmm. Carmela does make the best truffles.
 
Oh, I miss Carmela's treats!
 
I love the Malabrigo Mama, it's coming along nicely! And definitely a great idea to show off the reverse side, I really like how the texture and the color work together. Can't wait to see it all finished!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

The earth laughs in flowers. ee cummings

inspiration

amy butler design
barefoot rooster
blather magather
b r o o k l y n t w e e d
dooce
elliphantom knits
fig and plum
free range kids
kiddley
hedgeblog
implosion explosion
karin's style blog
little birds
logan family adventures
lotta jansdotter
molly chicken
moonstitches (i love moonstitches!)
moopy & me
orangette
rare bird finds
red curves
scout's knitted swag
shiso mama
see eunny knit!
6.5 stitches
strangelittlemama
the flying pencil
the frayed knot
the panopticon
the purl bee
the small object
turkey feathers
whip up (i love whip up!)
wise craft
write, mama. write.
yarn harlot
yarnstorm

lookie!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from baby finds a kazoo. Make your own badge here.


blah blah blah

August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / January 2009 /



Flickr
The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto


Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Locations of visitors to this page