Free Image Hosting
Sunday, April 01, 2007
 

Gratitude


My sincere thanks to everyone for your generous comments about my Sahara. There's nothing like kindness from people who appreciate knitting as much I do. It is gratifying to know that my efforts were not only for me and my family, who have seen me in the sweater now about 150 times. I got lucky with the weather. Things have been chilly and it's a good thing, because I would have worn my Sahara 150 times regardless of the temperature. This way I didn't look like a crazy person.

I also owe a big thanks to Panther
, a perfect stranger who found my plea on Blogger help forums and took the time to get my Flickr Badge into the right gutter of my page, where it belongs. Lookie! There it is! Can you believe that people just browse through the help forums offering up advice to boneheads like me whose eyes cross at the site of HTML code?

Do you like to cook, Panther? Maybe I can knit you a nifty potholder as a gesture of thanks...
Having issues with Blogger yourself? You can always find the link to Panther's helpful blog, Beta Blogger for Dummies, in my list of links to the right.

We took a road trip this weekend and I sat in the back seat
and knit while the baby slept.
A little peek at a new secret project...

I also bought the new Interweave Knits and browsed at it during knitting breaks. Have you seen the Ruffled Surplice that's pictured on the cover?? Holy cow. Love it! I am very tempted. I also LOVE the Indigo Ripples Skirt.

Other things I'm tempted by these days: Well, I'm dying to knit another Wendy Bernard sweater since I enjoyed my last one so very much. I am thinking seriously of making Something Red, except not red at all and with long sleeves. Maybe blue and brown.

I am also seriously smitten with Lelah by Christine at Knitting for Boozehags. It makes me want to show off my shoulders. I have some beautiful Euroflax Linen in eggplant that I used on a tragic disappointment that I like to call Peek-a-Boob.

It's looks stunning on me as long as I don't lift my arms above my waist. It hurts me to open my closet and see it there, and I finally feel ready to rip it out completely and make something sweet with it. Maybe Lelah. What do you think? Has anyone heard any horror stories about a Lelah elastic-band failing it's wearer? My wedding gown was strapless and I had a dream pre-wedding that I was dancing at my reception with an elderly uncle when, suddenly, out flops a breast. Thankfully, I was spared this humiliation at my actual wedding.

Maybe I'm a candidate for straps.

I've been coveting beautiful needle cases at sites like The Organized Knitter for over a year and wishing I could justify spending $75 on one. I knew that if I just spent an afternoon making a huge mess at my dining room table, I could sew one that would make me proud, but time is precious and I just wanted someone else to do it for me.

My disinterest turned to inspiration when I saw the handmade needle case made by my friend Heather. She used old flour sack fabric that belonged to some ancestor of hers, generations ago.
(Am I over-romanticizing it Heather?)

Well, anyway it's adorable.

Here's mine.


Green Project Spectrum goodness.




My favorite new book: So Few of Me by Peter Reynolds. It's about a boy named Leo who is a busy lad. No matter how hard he works, there is always more to do (sound familiar?). Crazy things happen in the book that are meant to help him complete all the tasks on his endless to-do list, but poor Leo is overwhelmed by it all and he slips away to take a nap. When he wakes up, he is still savoring his dream and he says, What if I did less—but did my best?

Can you beat a message like that?
Have a good nap this week, and do less.

Labels: , , ,

 
Comments:
What a great job on the organizer! I bought one from the Organized Knitter last year. It's her smallest one which I think is $35 dollars. I am amazed by how much it holds and it is my favorite piece of knitting equipment
 
I love the start of the secret project. It will be utterly delicious when completed and worn. I like the peek-a-boob top.....what's the pattern. And, in fact you did not over-romanticize the flour sacks used for my needle case, although to complete the picture you have to know that the senile ancestor-benefactoress also had pans of old bacon grease sitting all over her counter just waiting for use in some future fried dinner! I love your needle case.....all the little pockets, etc. Can't wait to see it in person.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

The earth laughs in flowers. ee cummings

inspiration

amy butler design
barefoot rooster
blather magather
b r o o k l y n t w e e d
dooce
elliphantom knits
fig and plum
free range kids
kiddley
hedgeblog
implosion explosion
karin's style blog
little birds
logan family adventures
lotta jansdotter
molly chicken
moonstitches (i love moonstitches!)
moopy & me
orangette
rare bird finds
red curves
scout's knitted swag
shiso mama
see eunny knit!
6.5 stitches
strangelittlemama
the flying pencil
the frayed knot
the panopticon
the purl bee
the small object
turkey feathers
whip up (i love whip up!)
wise craft
write, mama. write.
yarn harlot
yarnstorm

lookie!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from baby finds a kazoo. Make your own badge here.


blah blah blah

August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / January 2009 /



Flickr
The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto


Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Locations of visitors to this page