Free Image Hosting
Tuesday, July 10, 2007
 
Monica (the first)

Pattern: Monica designed
Source: Knitty Spring 2007
Yarn: Cascade Yarns Pima Tencel
Needles: US 6 bamboo straights
Size: 2 yrs

As I was knitting the Anouk for little Skyler, my thoughts wandered occasionally to sweet Frances who is happily toddling around Tacoma.

Frances is the daughter of a dear friend who I don't get to see often enough. She is adorable. Her hair is striking auburn red and she has brown eyes that twinkle when she smiles.

Frances has been due a special little something from me since her birth and the deep eggplant and grassy green seemed like the perfect colors for her, so I ordered more Pima Tencel with Frances and the Monica pattern in mind.

Modifications: I'm not sure why the pattern calls for knitting two short straps from the front and back pieces and seaming them at the top of the shoulder. Instead,
I attached the straps under the top of the ruffle at the back and front. I chose to knit them sideways (by getting my gauge and measuring) with a garter stitch ridge at each edge and smooth Stockinette in the center and I knit them 6 stitches wide instead of 3.


Happy 15 month birthday, sweet Frances!

Labels:

 
Comments:
That's a really cute version of this pattern. I like the colors you picked. I think it's a great pattern for little girls :)
 
It is beautiful
 
I did the same things with my straps. It really is a cute pattern but the designer made it so much harder then it had to be.
 
simply gorgeous and the straps look good and less likely to stretch tan garter stitch ones!
 
Hee hee-- She IS toddling, and tumbling, around. I call her tumblina when she spills. Thanks for thinking so fondly of her. CL
 
Aw, adorable!
 
Monica the first is quite lovely. I really like the colors....i will have to do the strap modification on my next one, as you know the strap stretching problems I have had with mine! Love it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

The earth laughs in flowers. ee cummings

inspiration

amy butler design
barefoot rooster
blather magather
b r o o k l y n t w e e d
dooce
elliphantom knits
fig and plum
free range kids
kiddley
hedgeblog
implosion explosion
karin's style blog
little birds
logan family adventures
lotta jansdotter
molly chicken
moonstitches (i love moonstitches!)
moopy & me
orangette
rare bird finds
red curves
scout's knitted swag
shiso mama
see eunny knit!
6.5 stitches
strangelittlemama
the flying pencil
the frayed knot
the panopticon
the purl bee
the small object
turkey feathers
whip up (i love whip up!)
wise craft
write, mama. write.
yarn harlot
yarnstorm

lookie!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from baby finds a kazoo. Make your own badge here.


blah blah blah

August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / January 2009 /



Flickr
The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto


Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Locations of visitors to this page