Free Image Hosting
Monday, October 08, 2007
 
Check out the cute!



I wish I could take credit for knitting the striking and beautiful cape above.

I can't.

You can see why I had to feature baby Skyler in her deliriously cute cape. Not once but twice. It took all my restraint not to create a mosaic of 25 pictures of only baby Skyler wearing her cape. I was so focused on the little girly that I totally neglected to take a picture of her mama. A tremendous oversight, since Kelena is my consistent and delightful Wool Festival companion. Don't you agree that Kelena deserves serious kudos for that fantastic cape?

Above, you can also see a shot of me with my lovely and hilarious knitting girlfriends Mari, Mona & Carmela. It was so nice to see them there. All of us were giddy and exuding a glow that comes only from being without our children and shopping for yarn.

Yes, I went to the festival without my kiddos. Which made me alternately weepy and exhilarated. I bought many skeins of yarn from Plain & Fancy Sheep & Wool (I LOVE that stuff) and Brooks Farm Yarn. I also bought a beautiful drop spindle and some little balls of roving. This fills me with delight. We'll see where it leads me. For now, I'm just enjoying looking at it and wondering how the hell it works. It's so beautiful and simple, I can hardly believe it makes yarn.

During the trip, I began the big boy's racing stripe sweater exactly 6 times. I had gauge difficulties. And pattern difficulties. And giant gaping hole difficulties. It's not really fun anymore, but I'm praying that effort number seven will lead to success and it will become fun soon. I've settled on the Knitting Pure & Simple Children's Tunic pattern. I will add a kangaroo pocket, racy vertical stripes down the sleeves and one big lightening bolt front and center. The little boy gets a big red star on his.

They are sure to be fabulous. I'll be posting progress shots soon.

Sadly, for my knitting, I have an increasingly demanding running schedule in the early mornings that's forcing me to bed earlier than I would like. My prime knitting time has always been the late hours of night. I love to knit after everyone is asleep and the house is finally quiet.

But, what began as an excuse to get a little exercise has gotten completely out of hand. Now, without my understanding how it happened, two of my girlfriends and I have decided to run the half marathon (!?!) It's totally crazy, but it's true.

After the 21st, you can picture me propped up and knitting wearily with ice packs surrounding my ass and swollen limbs.

Pray for me.

Labels: ,

 
Comments:
I think they should give you a gold medal for just finishing the marathon!
 
I am feeling nostalgic for Taos already. I am happy to have been your consistent companion. It was a great weekend! Kelena
 
Too cute!

Good luck with the marathon.
 
Could sklyer BE any cuter....no is the answer. Kudos Kelena on the cape. It is stunning!
 
I made a b-line for the Simple and Fancy booth too and got some lovely yarn that I can't wait to work with. My little boy's hoodie has a mysterious hole (shhhh) too---it's part of the game! I'm very impressed about your marathon challenge--I'll bring you icepacks and wine when it's over!
 
I miss Taos! It was so much fun last year!! I can't wait to see what you got!
 
Go Miss Molly! That is so inspiring that you are doing a marathon! You rock! Can't wait to see the sweaters for your kiddos.

xo
 
Awesome that you are running the half marathon! My friend Shannon and I are training to do a half, too. Ok, I'm not going to get to run the race, but I am training with her anyway.
Today we ran 10 miles. I feel gypped that I'm not going to get the pay off of the race, but it's still fun. :)
GOOD LUCK! Can't wait to hear about it.
 
A half marathon? What a fantastic challenge to your comfort zone! christine
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Powered by Blogger

My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

The earth laughs in flowers. ee cummings

inspiration

amy butler design
barefoot rooster
blather magather
b r o o k l y n t w e e d
dooce
elliphantom knits
fig and plum
free range kids
kiddley
hedgeblog
implosion explosion
karin's style blog
little birds
logan family adventures
lotta jansdotter
molly chicken
moonstitches (i love moonstitches!)
moopy & me
orangette
rare bird finds
red curves
scout's knitted swag
shiso mama
see eunny knit!
6.5 stitches
strangelittlemama
the flying pencil
the frayed knot
the panopticon
the purl bee
the small object
turkey feathers
whip up (i love whip up!)
wise craft
write, mama. write.
yarn harlot
yarnstorm

lookie!

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from baby finds a kazoo. Make your own badge here.


blah blah blah

August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / January 2009 /



Flickr
The Small Is Beautiful Manifesto


Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

Locations of visitors to this page